25 January 2013

April 26 2013 (September 2012)

September 2012:

8 weeks.  I didn't really feel like I was pregnant..  I kept touching my abdomen in hopes that there would be some sign that would show me that I was pregnant, but at this point, there were none.  Other than the fact that I wasn't getting my period. I was still so scared..

Was I really having a baby??  Was there really a tiny person inside of me?

My thoughts were always racing, but I was relieved when I went to my first OBGYN appointment.  The doctor I decided to see for my first appointment was absolutely awesome.  She walked me through everything. I had no idea what was happening or what I was supposed to do, but she was very calm and reassuring.  While at this appointment, I got this book full of information.  It literally had everything in it (I still am using it).  This book walks you through every trimester of pregnancy!  It was and is my life saver.  Along with this book, I also got a folder full of pertinent information: medications that were safe to take, prenatal classes, etc..

After my appointment, I felt so much better!  I had all of this information to help me get everything together.  I felt so empowered by this one book!

Out of no where I got really sick though.  The kind of sickness where my throat hurt so bad that I didn't even want to swallow my own saliva.  I was really scared, so I went to Urgent Care.  Turns out that I had Pharyngitis.  The doctor at UC said to me that I needed to take antibiotics.

So began my regimen of taking antibiotics and prenatal vitamins every day. 

More to come...

With love,
Kjerstin L.

No comments:

Post a Comment