24 January 2013

April 26 2013 (August 2012)

Oh gosh how the day is getting ever so near!
As I was debating on how to let the world know about this very special day, I decided that I should post on Facebook as well as tell you all the story (in sections hehe)...

August 2012:

I was freaking out, I hadn't gotten my period in three days and I wasn't sure what that could possibly mean.  I had been on birth control, so I thought maybe since it was a new method (for me) that it would take time to get out of my system.

On the fifth day of not getting my period, I went to my mother with tears in my eyes to explain to her what was going on.  My dad proceeded to get me two pregnancy tests.  The day after getting these tests (Friday), right away in the morning, I took one of them...  It took time for the test to develop ... I swear they do that on purpose!! ... And it showed a pretty little positive on it.  I immediately burst into tears.  I was finally out of a relationship and THEN I found out I was pregnant.  But I did a little research and it was possible for there to be a false positive on a test.

I waited 'til Sunday morning to take the second one. Positive. Again.  With both tests coming back that way, I scheduled an appointment with my doctor to make sure that I really was pregnant.

Walking into my doctor's office Monday morning, I wasn't sure what to think, say, or do.  But I knew one thing for sure: I was going to get a pregnancy test done.  Once the test came back saying positive, as I should have expected, my doctor had me go get an ultrasound done; she wanted to make sure that everything was as it should be.  And so I got the first glimpse of the beautiful person that would be growing inside me for the next 3/4 of a year <3



More to come....

With love,
Kjerstin L.

4 comments:

  1. <3 so proud to call you my BEST FRIEND! love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that I said to quit freaking out, or you won't get your period. I was positive you were NOT pregnent! Ooops:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so beautiful! Who's the dad? hopefully he stays involved! Children are great.

    ReplyDelete