30 January 2013

April 26 2013 (December 2012)

December 2012:

20 weeks. That point when you can find out your baby's gender if you want to know...  I was so excited! I had been debating on names for quite some time, but I knew that after finding out the gender I would be able to really start narrowing down that list.

As I was laying down for the ultrasound tech to start probing my abdomen for pictures of my LO, I wasn't sure what I wanted.

Did I want a boy?  Did I want a girl?  What if something isn't developing right?

These questions raced through my mind as the tech was looking for different features on my baby.  She said that she couldn't tell me anything (since she wasn't licensed to be able to) so I just had to be really observant, and boy, was I being observant!  I didn't want to miss a thing!  Then I saw it.  I had the perfect view, and there was no doubt in my mind: I was having a boy!!  His perfect little features were shown on the screen to me... My oh my did he look like a little cutie!

As for my health, my doctor told me that I was right on track.  That the little baby bump I was developing was right where it should be and that I was right on track for weight gain.  I was so glad to hear that!  I had, after all, completely changed my diet to correspond with the needs for my child and my pregnant self, so to hear that I had my doctor's blessing for what I was doing was very reassuring!


December was the month that I really started branching out and telling more and more people about my pregnancy.  We had some family gatherings where there were people there that had not heard that I was pregnant yet, and those were the coolest moments ever.  I now realize how supportive all of my extended family is.  There are so many of them that I will have to write Thank-You's for because of the items they were willing to give to me for my LO.

More to come....

With love,
Kjerstin L.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! KJ I'm super excited for you. You are an amazing person and going to be an even more amamzing mom.

    -Bri

    ReplyDelete