21 February 2012

Absence

You know that quote that so many people say: "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
Well, it's true. I have multiple examples of this:

One would be my best friend who is over at basic training right now. If you know me, you know who I am talking about. He is an absolutely amazing friend to me, and we've been writing letters back and forth while he's been away. He won't be back 'til May-ish.. That first week of him being gone was the worst.. I was used to him being around all the time..almost to the point where I was frustrated by his presence lol(: Now, I just wish things could have played out differently.. I mean, I definitely do not regret anything, but I do sometimes lay awake at night wondering what could have been said, or changed..and what not.

The other would be a friend of mine that I've known for about 5(?) years now.. I remember our first class ever together.. Mr.Wagener.. Haha :D That crazy critter. I remember this friend of mine's glow and the fondness I felt for him right away. We dated once, and things did not turn out so well, and we haven't dated since. I think there will always be a sense of brotherhood with him, because of how close he is with my family now. He just clicks well with everyone here, which I think is awesome... But for a while, he completely stopped talking to me, and practically avoided me. I couldn't figure out what was up with him.. I asked him if he was mad at me or if he just didn't want to be friends.. We worked things out now, so let's pray that we can actually be good friends again :)

"You are not alone tonight
Imagine me there by your side
It's so hard to be here so far away from you"

Love,
Kjerstin L.

No comments:

Post a Comment