20 May 2013

April 26 2013 (May 2013)

May 2013:

41 weeks-sorta. Wednesday night (May 1st), I got some really strong contractions, so I called my doctor and she said that it sounded like pre-term labor. She said that it was important that I get a good night's rest and prepare for a hospital visit the next day. (Keep in mind my induction was scheduled for Friday). I put on comfy clothes and layed down.. Well, I felt what I thought to be my water breaking, so off we went to the hospital.

When I arrived at the hospital, the OB-GYN that I had as my primary was there. She got me settled in a labor room and checked everything out on me. When she examined me, she noticed that my amniotic sac hadn't totally been broken. She is pretty sure that there was some type of a tear in it, so it leaked a little. She determined that she would have to break my water. And oh my gosh was there a gush of fluid!! I thought it was never going to stop, but after a few changes of the bed padding, all the fluid was released. According to my mother, my belly looked significantly smaller after all the fluid was released :D Though I didn't see it...

Beyond this part, you will have to ask me about it(:

But I will say this... Zeke was bigger and longer than any of us ever expected was possible to come out of my small frame :P

With love,
Kjerstin L.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Kj soo glad to hear little Zeke if finnally here and healthy!! :)

    ReplyDelete